Monday, March 26, 2007

Whos reading what?!

Hey guys.
A confession. I stink at reading. Not that I can't read.....I just hate sitting long enough to read. Its so stinkin boring. Well, Jon challenged me to read through the Bible in a year. I am supposed to be on Samuel or something, and I am in Leviticus. Anyone have any good ideas how I can catch up. I refuse to give up on this, but I feel hoplessly behind. Well, sorry this is so short, but I am pooped. Last night I was up till 1pm watching Jon mud my front hallway. (Jon and Laura were just down for a couple days for Larrys Birthday.) It was so nice of Jon to do all that work for me. I have the best family. anyhoo. toodles. Liz

4 comments:

J said...

You do have a great family. That was really nice of him. I find it hard to read my bible too. I've been reading in Ruth lately. Good book. I don't know how you are going to catch up other than spending a few nights doing some intense bible reading, instead of watching tv. Not that there is anything to watch on tv these days. I miss you. I started planning our trip out east for July. I'm excited to think it may actaully happen.
love you aims

Nate said...

Hey Lisa,

I know what you mean on the reading stuff. i generally read consecutively through the bible with a lot of the psalms mixed in...love the psalms man. You should listen to sermons too...now that you have highspeed.

aight yo...say hi to my fam for me.

peace

J said...

listening to sermons is a great idea. I like to do that while I clean the house. If the kids are sleeping I put a sermon on our mp3 player and go at it. We like John Piper, Mark Driscol ( I think I'm spelling that wrong) Erwin Mcmanis ( I think that one's sp wrong too) and lots more. Jason told me he likes to listen to sermons too. We get our off itunes but lots of these guys post their sermons as podcasts on thier church's website.
anyways, I always think If you want to do better at something, at least you are thinking about it. You're in the right place.
aims

RiantGorkette said...

get Simon to read to you before bed, then you read in the morning... it'll catch you up and strengthen your's and Simon's relationship with God as a couple. When you go through the geneologies just think of all the names you could have named your children :)

Love...Tracey*